As part of our commitment to keeping our community safer, Dryer Vent Wizard of the Valley shares industry knowledge with Albany, OR residents. Learn about dryer vent safety, warning signs, and news here!

A dryer fire left 1 residence a total loss

Mobile Home Destroyed; No Injuries Reported: FG Fire & Rescue

A fire that reportedly started in a clothes dryer ultimately destroyed a single-wide mobile home in Forest Grove Monday morning. No injuries were reported, but the home and all its contents are considered a total loss, fire authorities said.


Read more

Albany fire in laundry room in the garage

The laundry room in the garage appears to be the point where this fire started!

Six people escaped an early morning house fire Monday after two Albany men woke up the residents inside and helped them to safety.

Eric O'Brien was walking from an area market to meet up with a co-worker who lives across the street from the fire when he saw smoke billowing from an attached garage in...

Read more

Crews respond to fire at housing center

A laundry room fire at a housing center in Longview led to the evacuation of more than 60 people Wednesday morning.
Crews responded to scene at the Community House, located at 1107 Broadway Street, just after 8 a.m.

The first crews on the scene found smoke coming from the second floor on the alley side of the building. Firefighters said that staff at the facility said the...

Read more

High School band teacher home destroyed in fire

Century High School band teacher Jim Dunlop lost his dog and pet bird in the
March 31 fire. He was in Utah at the time, and said his mother was house
sitting. She was doing laundry when a fire broke out in the dryer. for full

BEAVERTON, Ore. (KOIN) — Community members came together Tuesday night to support a local teacher and his family after their Aloha home...

Read more

Dryer causes a house fire - Albany

The fire broke out shortly after 11 a.m. and spread from the dryer into the attic. Spitz smelled smoke and saw flames inside the dryer, Albany Fire Department Spokeswoman Wanda Omdahl said.

Read more
Home Advisor Top Rated
Angies List
BBB Badge